What are some examples of "having kids for the wrong reasons?"

I know a woman that said "we want another one" before she even left the hospital with her first born. She loved the attention during pregnancy and bitched that her boyfriend paid more attention to the baby than her after she was born. Their second daughter was born 2 yrs later and he caught her skipping her birth control pills when baby was 1yr old even though he said no more. He got fixed. She's had a "pregnancy scare" every other month since they met. She would say she was pregnant a week before her pd was even due. It's my sister in law. Such a drama/attention whore. SO glad my brother got fixed so her last incident was of course right around the time he got snipped. We were so sick of it. It's not like she kept the best care of the ones she had and she used them against people. So many games.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• #1 To make a man stay with you
    #2 To make sure you always have money (CS) I know at least a half dozen in person who state they got pregnant for the CS and it isn't enough for them to live one so they get pregnant with someone else. No intention of staying with them.
    #3 To make sure someone will always love them.
    #4 Lonely
    #5 Everyone else is. Usually still in high school.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:24 AM on May. 28, 2013

• To try to fix their marriage
    To get a man to marry them
    To have someone that has to love them
    Because everyone they know is having a baby
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:42 AM on May. 28, 2013

• To keep a man
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:30 AM on May. 28, 2013

• #7 To prove you really did have sex. High school and middle school
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:25 AM on May. 28, 2013

• That would seem annoying. However, I really like being pregnant and am a bit of an attention whore too. I also like eating for 2 (or 10).
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:21 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I knew a woman who kept having kids around the time her youngest was 2, when her husband would start talking to her about going back to work. He finally got fixed as well!
    I actually knew 2 women like that. The first one ended up getting pregnant again even after her husband got fixed - whoops! (it was not his)

Answer by missanc at 11:23 AM on May. 28, 2013

• thats so true Darden
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 11:51 AM on May. 28, 2013

• The worst reason is thinking that having a baby (or another baby) will solve relationship problems.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:11 PM on May. 28, 2013

• To get more food stamps/PA

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:26 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Because they want someone who will love them forever. Kids are great, but a lot of times they need more than they can give you, which is fine because you're supposed to be the parent.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:14 PM on May. 28, 2013