AM i the fall back girl?

I don't know how I really ended up being one. I liked someone for nearly half of my life from HS> we had the opportunity after many years to reconnect again, WE never dated in HS. We both didn't hang out or anything. For over a year now, he's around for a little bit, he constantly would invite me over, I would turn him down. (trying to play hard to get) Which worked for a long while. WE had sex last October. He started dating someone else, and then they broke up and he came back to me, we talked for a good several months, but then he's dissappeared again. I honestly don't know why he woudn't just leave me alone, he has this effect on me, like no matter how long I have to wait, i'm there wating. I do keep myself busy, I do realize that nothing could never truly be, i want more then what he's willing to give me, so I'm pretty sure of the answer but do i sound like the fall back girl? i hate it.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 11:28 AM on May. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• Do not make someone a priority when they are only making you an option.
    You deserve better. Make yourself believe this.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:51 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Yeah, that is exactly what you are. If you don't like it then you need to cut him out of your life completely. Don't answer his phone calls, get rid of him on FB (if you have one) and move on with your life.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:31 AM on May. 28, 2013

• I'm not sure what term I would use for it, but it definitely sounds like you're the girl he goes to when he's looking to get some between girlfriends. As for how you ended up being one...well, you let yourself be. Stop sleeping with him, stop being there when he calls for that. Or accept that this is all you'll every be to him and live with it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:33 AM on May. 28, 2013

• Yes and I am sorry but you need to cut him completely out . Until you do you will hopelessly wish for change and waste you life.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:44 AM on May. 28, 2013

• You're a friend with benefits. Nothing more.

If you are not being treated with love and respect, check your "Price Tag"! Perhaps you have marked yourself down. It’s YOU who tells people what you are worth by what you accept. Get off the "Clearance Rack" and get behind the glass where they keep all the VALUABLES! Bottom line is...VALUE yourself more!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:53 PM on May. 28, 2013

• It's time to move on and find someone that is worthy of your attention. Sorry.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:46 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Next time he comes around. blow him off. Make is seem you are to busy for him. Even if you are not.

Answer by louise2 at 2:04 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Cut him out. It's no way to live.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:06 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Yep, you are. Change your phone number and block him from your email or other ways he might communicate with you. Out of sight, out of mind really does work! Also, start dating around. You'd be surprised how fast you can forget someone when you're out having fun and dating around. You have to have higher standards in general though. I couldn't stand being a part of someone else's games and I have a policy of if you disrespect me once, you're kicked to the curb. Life is too short and you simply can't waste time on people like these.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:41 AM on May. 29, 2013

• Thanks Ladies! I figured I was.maybe I will finally be able to kick him to the curve.
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 9:50 AM on May. 29, 2013