Living with parents

I don't know if that's why I'm afraid to get involved with anyone. I've been thinking lately once a guy knows I live with my parents, he's going to think I have to much baggage. I want to move out, I can't finiancially right now, I was grateful for my parents letting me stay with me but I'm starting to think they should kick me out, just because I wouldn't be too busy taking care of things, rather then worried about what guys think of me living with my parents.
I didn't know which catergory to put it in.

Sillylins

Asked by Sillylins at 11:58 AM on May. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• Anyone who doesn't understand your situation isn't the right guy. You sound like you have a good head on your shoulder. It is not like you are going to live at home forever just to mooch off of your parents and be a non productive person. You have a plan and are sacrificing because you see the bigger picture.
    Enjoy the time you have with your parents now and don't beat yourself up over it. It doesn't matter what anyone else think. You have nothing to feel bad about. This time will go by fast.
    People will take their cues from you. If you act as if it is a horrible or shameful thing, they might get that vibe. Use humor and own it with pride. You have a family who is there for you- enoy it and just keep your thoughts positive. Hugs !!!!

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 2:50 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I think that might be the problem. Who cares what MEN think about you. You do what's best for you and your child. Your parents are helping you out.... A man is the least of your worries. You have to be secure with yourself before you should even think about dating...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:59 AM on May. 28, 2013

• Do you NEED to live with your parents? If you do, then stop worrying about what other people (male or female) think of it. If you don't NEED to, then maybe your problem isn't that you're worried what men think, but that you feel you shouldn't be there. If that's the case, then it might be time to be honest with yourself and figure out why you continue to stay with them when you could be on your own.

There is nothing wrong with living with your parents if it's what you need right now in order for you and your children to survive. If a man can't understand that, then he's not someone you want to date anyway.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:15 PM on May. 28, 2013

• HUH?
    If you think they should kick you out, put on your big girl pants and take the step yourself.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:18 PM on May. 28, 2013

• If you are not stable enough to care for your child on your own, the last thing you should be worried about is a relationship. You need to get your shit together before you drag another person into your mess.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:47 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Just inform the guys of your situation. And if they do not understand. Move on to the next guy.

Answer by louise2 at 1:49 PM on May. 28, 2013

• If he is a man of understanding he should not let this get in the way of getting to know you.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:00 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I'm in the middle of renting a new place with my parents. We're going 50/50 on everything, so it's not like I'm an adult child at home mooching off my parents. It helps us all financially, and although I won't tell her this, it makes me feel better knowing I'm here with my mom in case anything happens to her. She's nearly 70, my dad is gone all the time due to work, so she's home by herself constantly and that makes me a bit worried.

If a man can't understand family is very important to me, then he's not worth having. There's no shame in living with your parents as long as you're no longer living like you're 16 years old and expecting mommy and daddy to do everything for you. I grew up in a household that almost always included my grandmother, so I also like knowing my kids will grow up similarly and experience the same bond with their grandparents that I did.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:01 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Thanks Ladies, I know it sounded crazy, I wish that I could move out but my ex had a finacial mess that is still taking time. I was just trying to get myself back out there and date, but the big problem is that I will be living with them for a while. For atleast another 4 years. I just finished the bankruptcy that was 5 years. I have medical bills from my surgery and taxes that i am paying part of the divorce. He made a mess of things finically. I know that alot of people would say just move out or get your shit together before you think about a relationship, but that would mean I have to hold off on that for 4 years. It's easier to say that when you aren't going through it.
    Sillylins

Comment by Sillylins (original poster) at 1:26 PM on May. 28, 2013

• You don't want to be a FAILURE TO LAUNCH ADULT CHILD! Your parents are crippling you with kindness. SAVE UP AND MOVE OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE BEFORE LIFE PASSES YOU BY!

What kind of love life can you have living with your parents? Would you date a loser who lived with his mommy?
    ForestFairy09

Answer by ForestFairy09 at 12:27 AM on May. 29, 2013