Do you enter your child's photos into contests?

I think it's funny how many links I see on Facebook to "vote for my child" on this or that. I mean, some of them are pretty cute and of course I think my own is the pick of the litter but is it really worth posting your child's picture and then begging people to vote him/her the "cutest"? I guess I just don't like the thought of someone rating my child's looks. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on May. 28, 2013 in General Parenting

• Nope, I did when he was younger a couple of times and then realized it wasn't worth it to me.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:24 PM on May. 28, 2013

• no
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 1:25 PM on May. 28, 2013

• No, I don't do that. I think it's annoying for parents to try to get people to vote for their child. I would consider doing something like that, if real judges viewed the pics & it wasn't just a popularity contest.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:33 PM on May. 28, 2013

• no
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:34 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I entered my Son's photo once when he was around 18 months to Baby Gap's yearly photo Contest.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:42 PM on May. 28, 2013

• nope, although we didn't have FB and all that when they were little.
    Pretty sure I wouldn't have though even if it was around then.

I think it's really kind of irritating for people to be all go vote for my kid- even if it's a cute one
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 2:09 PM on May. 28, 2013

• No way. I would prefer that photos of my daughter not be floating around among strangers. It's bad enough that they're on FB, courtesy of my stepson.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:27 PM on May. 28, 2013

• nope. i love my kids, think they are adorable, but they dont photograph well haha. they are cute kids, they just take bad pictures haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:34 PM on May. 28, 2013