I'm 14 1/2 weeks pregnant first time. I've had such a bad time with morning sickness i've lost 15lbs and my belly has barely grown at all. Should i be worried?

shrndrkus

Asked by shrndrkus at 5:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you talked this over with your DR? If they are not worried then I wouldn't worry. I had a rough time with morning sickness up until about 6mos. My Dr said that she could prescribe me Zofran to help. It's an anitnausea drug commonly used for cancer patients, but is safe to take during pregnancy. Talk to your DR and see what they have to say.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 5:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Nope. Lots of women go through that. Just keep up with vitamins and prenatal care. Hopefully the morning sickness will ease up soon.
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 5:56 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• No one could even tell I was prego until about 7 months. As for the losing the weight as long as you keep eating and hydrating I thing you should be ok. Also (not sure if this will apply) some girls who are not initially skinny girls can sometimes lose weight in beginning of their pregnancy.
    Anonymous

• You could have hyperemesis. I've had it with my last 2 pregnancies. With my last pregnancy I spent a good portion of it in the hospital. With this one it hasn't been so bad. Until I got in my second trimester I was getting twice a week iv fluids. Now I'm just on nausea pills.
    bcgood83

Answer by bcgood83 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Nope. My dd is due next month with her second baby and this time around she actually lost weight. Shes gained 5 lbs back but will still weight less then she did when she got pregnant. The doctor said it was fine, the baby was healthy and growing just fine.

Answer by gemgem at 6:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• No. Not at all I didn't start showing until 5 1/2 months. I lost 17lbs in my first trimester. I was 110lbsbefore pregnancy but 87lbs about 2 1/2 weeks later after I found out I was pregnant. Once you get to your 4th month (16-19 wks) it should subside and you'll begin to put on weight. 14 1/2 weeks is way too early to be showing, yes some ppl show early but it is normal to not show at all at that stage.
    Anonymous

• SOme people haven't even shown till their 7th month! All pregnancies are different. If you are concerned talk to your OB.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My first pregnancy almost 23 years ago I had horrible all day sickness the first trimester. I culdn't hold anything solid down and could barely sip water, the anti morning stuff Dr gave me had no effect. Iwent from 115 to 95 lbs the first trimester. It took the whole second trimester t get back to 115. The weight pi;ed on the 3rd trimester I went to 155.

Oh FYI how much you gain doesn't have a huge effect and how much you show. I was attending a career college during that pregnacy and was barely showing when he was due. I finished my coarse on my due date, had my baby the next day and went t my graduation the next.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 6:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had the same experience. I lost weight and didn't look pregnant until the 5th month. The baby takes what it needs and comes throught the pregnancy in good shape. I wouldn't worry.
    I was wondering why so many of you say "prego" ? LOL. Instead of pregnant?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 6:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had it really bad too the first time....I went to my local pharmacy and bought some ginger lemon lolli pops...everytime I felt ill, i just sucked on it and the feeling went away. u can usually order them online too! Motherhood matenity stores sell them.
    my2gurlz

Answer by my2gurlz at 6:24 PM on Feb. 17, 2009