my daughter is 15 and she thinks she knows it all and that i shouldnt say anything to her

tenndawn53

Asked by tenndawn53 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Yep that's a 15 yr old. Just make sure you have something you do to calm yourself down, because it only gets worse before it gets better. Wait til 16 comes. :)
    Anonymous

• Yep that sounds about right. I tell mine since they know everything they should hurry up and get jobs so they can move out before I suck everything they know from their brains because Im a moron. I also ask them if they know what teenager means? They say Im almost an adult. I say no its means non adult.

Answer by gemgem at 6:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• welcome to the world of a teenager. ;-)

She will be like that for a really long time. And there is nothing you can do about it. If you try, it will probably get worse. ;-)

ive been a 15year old myself... been there, done that... smarter now ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• thats a teenager
    photogrypher

Answer by photogrypher at 6:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• my boys were nothing like her,i had respect from them,but i also had a man in the house that demanded it.
    tenndawn53

Answer by tenndawn53 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Mine too!!!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 6:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• teenagers think they know everything. till they get out in the world and finally realize that they dont know anything and that they still run to their mommy. its just a waiting game trust me. i was like that till i join the military i was wrong i didn't know a dang thing about the world
    CubanFIre

Answer by CubanFIre at 8:29 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• did you forget what it's like to be 15? we sure thought we knew it all then too...lol
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 9:43 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• YUP, YUP, YUP! Teenagers are the only ones who know anything!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Just because "that is the way teenagers are" does not mean you have to put up with it. YOU are the MOM and SHE is the KID. When I was growing up my parents demanded respect from me, but they also demanded themselves to give me respect. Because we each respected eachother I think my teen years went smoothly for all three of us!
    forRobyn

Answer by forRobyn at 8:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2009