babies answer their names

Hello...anyone knows at what month babies start answering their names? thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you mean when i say something to my child (with the name) and they know i mean them?!

if thats what you mean, then i think it was around 4-5months
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• dd knew her name around 3 months. I don't know what is normal though.
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 6:06 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• About half of all 5 month old babies can recognize their own name.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_milestone-chart-1-to-6-months_1496585.bc

Of course, that will depend a lot on how often people use the baby's name. My daughter didn't really respond to her name until about 8 months but I used so many different nicknames that I wasnt' surprised!
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• had to look it up... our son was 3 months when he started to slightly turn his head when his name is called.. he's 7 months now, and if we are talking about him, he turns his head and gives us that funny little smirk as if to say.. " mama, I know your talkin about me " LOL
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 6:18 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• all three of my kids knew their name by three months. i talked to them alot using their names. my four month old even looks at you when you call him his nickname..
    lilmama5268

Answer by lilmama5268 at 7:12 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• My son started turning to me when I called his name at 4 months. It was so funny! I did it for like 5 minutes because I thought it was so great lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 17, 2009