They wouldn't keep someone frozen for almost 3 months,would they??

My cousin posted that her mom's funeral is June 6th.....she died in March in Las Vegas. The funeral is here in Wisconsin. I REALLY hope she was cremated(I'm afraid to ask). She's being buried in her family's plot.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 5:06 PM on May. 28, 2013 in Relationships

• I think it will be closed casket or she has been creamated, I would think this is a memorial service, but yes in extreme cases they do and can do open casket (shudders)
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:08 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I guess it's possible. Seems a little strange and I am sure you accrue some sort of storage fee which would make it cost prohibitive. Perhaps she was cremated and will have her ashes buried in the family plot? I've never heard of someone having their funeral three months after the death though.

That said, I have never been to an open casket funeral. I have no desire to either. When DH's father died he took a picture of him in his casket and texted it to me. I was super pissed. Strangely, it looked nothing like him. I think that's why he sent it. He and his brothers were laughing about it (totally inappropriate, what can I say).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:19 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Who is dealing with funeral? After embalming she can be put on ice tell then I guess.

Answer by louise2 at 5:10 PM on May. 28, 2013

• *shudder*
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:15 PM on May. 28, 2013

• They do that often here in the Northeast b/c the ground is too hard to dig in during the winter months. People who die after the ground freezes are kept above ground and you see lots of graveside services come the spring thaw.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:54 PM on May. 28, 2013

• This is why the fear of being buried alive is irrational - the body is drained and well preserved long before then.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:54 PM on May. 28, 2013

• They might, if necessary.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:11 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I do not know anything about mortuaries, but the morgue can people for a very long time, frozen
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:45 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Did she say why they waited so long to have her funeral?
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 6:11 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Bodies can be kept for months if they are preserved and refrigerated.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:59 PM on May. 28, 2013