People see strange things...

"A tea kettle that bears a potential resemblance to Adolf Hitler has landed J.C. Penney in hot water.

A California billboard advertising a Michael Graves-designed kettle for sale at the store has some wondering whether they are being saluted by the Nazi dictator instead of waiting for tea to heat up."

the rest is here:

http://www.today.com/news/does-j-c-penney-tea-kettle-look-hitler-6C10100642

**********

Yeah, I don't see it...AT ALL!

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 9:41 PM on May. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• You know, I try to keep an open mind, but sometimes sighted people really are a pain in the ass.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:58 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Yeah, I can see it but it took a while of looking. The handle really does look like his hair, but like balagan said, handle down and there is nothing. People need to get over being pansy asses that everything offends them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:11 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Nevermind. Just ate it.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:27 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I kind of do but, it's just silly.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:43 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I do see it. Our family is one of Holocaust survivors, though.
    Would I buy it, no. Would I make a fuss, no. If I noticed it without the picture next to it, I'd say "yuck. Creepy" and move on. All you have to do to make it go away is move the handle down.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:04 PM on May. 28, 2013

• I just saw this and was going to post it myself.
    I mean really you see Hitler in this tea kettle?
    I think that says more about the viewer than the maker or seller.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:14 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Okay, looking at it from a distance, and if I squint, I can KIND of see a resemblance. The thicker part of the handle is the hair, the ball thingy on the lid is his nose, and the stem right below the ball thingy is the offending mustache........sort of.

I would buy that teakettle, if it wasn't $40.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:50 PM on May. 28, 2013

• LOL Ballad. You're not missing much on this one. It's a stainless steel teapot. The handle that arcs over the top is black and the side furthest from the spout is thicker that the rest of the handle to help you hold onto it. There's a little ball on a stick attached to the removable lid (for adding water). On the body of the kettle is a large black letter I. Attached to the end of the spout is a brass looking SOMETHING that may be a bell instead of a whistle. If you look at the thing the right way it vaguely looks like Hitler.

I agree though, sighted people can be massive pains in the ass.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:04 PM on May. 28, 2013

• People need to get lives. I have a Cheeto that looks like Stalin that is more newsworthy than this.
    PartyGalAnne

• Nope, not seeing it.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:45 PM on May. 28, 2013