Okay, this is weirding me out. Something gross, please don't open if it will bother you ... adult content

I had a lump removed below my right collarbone two weeks ago. It was no big deal, just a fatty cyst of some sort. I got the stitches pulled out last Friday, there's nothing left but a kind of greenish bruise and a scab, from what my boyfriend said this morning. But now he's at work for a few hours and it's too late to call anybody who can come have a look for me, and the spot where the bruise is has gotten sort of tender, itchy and oozy. I'm pretty sure the ooze isn't blood because it isn't sticky. It feels like what comes out from a bad sunburn. I'll call my doc in the morning, but I'm wondering if anybody knows what the ooze could be and if it's a big deal or not.

Sorry, what's a littl gross among friends? I really don't know who else to ask.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 11:09 PM on May. 28, 2013 in Health

• The clear stuff that oozes out of surface scrapes (kid's scraped knee) and some wounds. Sometimes it's tinged yellowish, but is usually clear.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:22 AM on May. 29, 2013

• Could be infected and in that case it could be puss. Or it could just be the clear liquid you can get when something is healing. As your BF to look for you when he gets home.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:11 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Doesn't sound like an ER kind of thing. Have him look in the morning.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:12 PM on May. 28, 2013

• could be a little puss or just fluid. I'd clean it and bandage it and call it good.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:25 PM on May. 28, 2013

• it's either puss or serum, sounds infected though. Place a band aid and some neosporin on it and call your doc in the morning. They will probably put you on antibiotic if it's an infection.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:27 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Oh, it would feel thinner than blood, but a bit thicker than water.
    Rosehawk

• Does it feel warm to the touch? Or smell bad? Those 2 pretty good indicators of an infection. Or if b/f see streaks...
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:57 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I know what pus is, but what is serum?
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 11:29 PM on May. 28, 2013

• That must be what it is then. It doesn't have a smell like pus does, and it's not sticky like blood. It's fine, I just wasn't expecting it and it tweaked me a little.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 12:27 AM on May. 29, 2013

• No, not warm. He just arrived home, he doesn't see streaks. It's just tender and sort of weeping a little.
    Ballad

Comment by Ballad (original poster) at 1:01 AM on May. 29, 2013