Wedding song?

Is the song Give it all we got tonight by George Srait an acceptable wedding song? I absolutely love the song but a few people seem to think its "too upbeat" for a wedding song.

Thoughts??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on May. 28, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I think you should have whatever you want. My brother's wedding song was also an upbeat country song(can remember which). No problem with upbeat if you want it. He's a great dancer and he and his first wife didn't do the slow dance thing.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:12 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Well its your wedding, your call. I guess it depends on what type of dance your going to do with it, if your dance sticks to the beat of the song it shouldnt look bad, it depends what type of moment you want for your first dance I guess, bottom line if you and your fiance like it thats all that matters
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 11:13 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Your wedding should be what you want! You can't please everyone!

Our song was was Thank You by Led Zepplin. People complained it wasn't good to dance to. DEAL WITH IT! It was my wedding!
    Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 11:14 PM on May. 28, 2013

• As long as it means something to you, who cares what anyone else thinks?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:16 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Go with what you both like.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:19 PM on May. 28, 2013

• It's a fun song, go for it. Shoot, my sister and her husband played 'Tall Tall Trees' by Alan Jackson, and people thought it was silly. But they liked it. Gdiamante had a quote yesterday that I relly liked in regards to another question--the court of public opinion has no jurisdiction.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:39 PM on May. 28, 2013

• Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:51 AM on May. 29, 2013

• It's whatever you like. I know people who have had hard rock and rap songs as their wedding songs.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:52 AM on May. 29, 2013

• Too upbeat? Are you unhappy about getting married? lol

Play what you want, and don't worry about what someone else thinks.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:53 AM on May. 29, 2013