taking a poll how much do you spend a week on grocreys? and how many people live with u .

Here it is Me,hubby,and 14month old baby and 4 month old. we spend about 115 a week? is this to much?

jyssi1557

Asked by jyssi1557 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in About CafeMom

• We have a family of four and spend about $125/week. Some weeks more some weeks less-that would probably be the average!
    Anonymous

• Always depends on where you live.

Hubby, me and 19 months old... we spend about 40-45bucks a week.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i should maybe add, that we dont eat any fast food ect. i do not buy any pre-cooked crap. always home made stuff. fresh food.

meats, veggies ect.
    m.robertson811

• Me, dh, 3 kids (4 yrs, 15 & 16) and I spend around $175-$200 a week.

Answer by gemgem at 6:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• "pre-cooked crap"

Goody for you miss perfect.
    Anonymous

• I plan for a family of 4 2-adults 2-tween boys basically 4 equal servings. I spend about $400 per month some a bit more some less depends on vacation time off from school I try to utilize leftover and often we have an extra person sitting at the table.(grandkid or late daycare pick-up) I actually think I could rein this in a bit more maybe to $325 if I had to. but I love my goodies, brownies, cake mixes, JIF peanut butter, etc...I truly believe great menu planning and list making is the key to keeping you on track. I also do big shopping once a month and only have to get fruit&veggies and milk weekly.Oh yeah and we take advantage of reduced price lunch for the kids at school.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:07 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Thanks ano. But im not perfect, i just love to cook. And i enjoy cooking for my family. pre-cooked crap just doesnt tastes as good as real homemade stuff. And other than that, everything thats pre-made is more expensive than fresh stuff.

But you must be a huge lover of fast food and pre-cooked crap, otherwise you wouldnt feel offended by me cooking healthy for my family.

I got picked on in school for being overweight. I dont want this happen to my daughter. And if that means i have to take the time to cook better food for her, then heck yes i do it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• to m.robertson811

I really think that it is great that you go fresh. I really think that everyone should try including me more. my hubby is so picky and we do not eat pork so i am very limited in what i can make and him want to eat it. he was born on a farm so he loves his potatoes, corn and chicken also fried potatoes i know not healthy though he is a very fit man he works out all the time to make that up. but i do not think that who every wrote that had a reason unless they are feeding there kids all junk food.......
    jyssi1557

Answer by jyssi1557 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• oh we eat fried potatoes too. nothing wrong with it. i dont fry it with oil or butter though. i have some pans where you dont need to add oil/butter... so we make fried potatoes and i will add all kinds of veggies to it. YUMMY!.. im hungry now.. LOL

im not staying in the kitchen for 4hours every day just to cook some oh-so-great-meals. fried potatoes take like 20minutes... the way i make it, its fast (food), but still healthy :D
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 18, 2009