Reson #29 why I prefer female dogs... adult content

So I'm sitting on my couch and my basset hound jumps up next to me, flops over on his back and started wagging his tail. I know he wants a belly rub but I ignore him and scratch his chin instead. He nuzzles me and whimpers and I feel bad for ignoring him because he is such a loving dog but I don't want to rub his belly! The problem is his PENIS! I'm always afraid he's going to think I'm giving him a hand job or something. I know it's stupid but if I pet him anywhere near his belly, that red thing (I don't know the technical term) pokes out. I've always had female dogs but I found him in a dumpster and he is my spoiled baby boy. But it's just gross! Who wants to stare at that thing all the time. I make my husband wear pants! I don't even let him walk around naked (except when we're having sex, of course). Our other male dog prefers chin and ear scratches to belly rubs and I don't have a problem belly rubbing the females.

Cowgirl_Coyote

Asked by Cowgirl_Coyote at 3:19 AM on May. 29, 2013 in Pets

• I've always had female dogs and been glad of it. If I pet someone else's male dog, I've worried that I'm going to accidentally touch his parts. I've never done it, and maybe it wouldn't be as bad as I imagine it. But never having seen the equipment on a dog, I really don't want to grab hold of it by mistake.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:27 AM on May. 29, 2013

• LOL! I know what you mean. I had a male Beagle growing up, same thing. (pun intended :p) Plus they tend to mark their territory wherever they feel like it. I love animals, but give me females any time :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:27 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I am now thankful I have a female puppy
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 8:56 AM on May. 29, 2013

• that red thing (I don't know the technical term) pokes out.- it's called a penis

is he fixed? if not, that should solve the problem. my male basset used to do that until he got fixed
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:26 AM on May. 29, 2013

• Fixing him doesn't change it. My dog is fixed and his does it too. I don't often pet his belly either.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:57 AM on May. 29, 2013

• Yeah its icky
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:02 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I adopted a senior male dog. He's been neutered. He's the most gentle guy in he world.

For the record, i had a female Pomeranian from a pup. I will never get another female again.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:57 AM on May. 29, 2013

• hm..well he might stop it if he's fixed, he might not. all the male dogs I have are fixed and don't have that "problem"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:37 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Both of my male dogs are fixed but they still do that. It doesn't take his penis away.

I knew that was his penis but I thought there was a technical term for the red thing that pokes out. The problem with the St. Bernard is that his is huge. The basset hound's isn't as bad but it still grosses me out.
    Cowgirl_Coyote

Comment by Cowgirl_Coyote (original poster) at 3:24 AM on May. 30, 2013

• I've always had girl dogs.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 2, 2013