Why do people insist on ignoring the law?

This morning I was coming back from dropping my dd9 at school when from a distance I can see a small car driving pretty quickly towards me but there was a car parked on her side of the street where she would have stopped behind it but no we were both driving towards each other and she drove right next me as if I wasn't there I gave her a long honk next to her and kept driving she seemed like she was in a hurry but damn the courtesy thing to do obey the law had we wrecked it would have been her fault and I would have done her vehicle some damage bc I have a SUV.
Even if I were running late I can't forget the law or get up extra early :/

My morning vent....ugh!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on May. 29, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Rude drivers rank right up there on my most annoying list too. Hope the rest of your day goes better :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:18 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I live in Los Angeles...too many rude drivers, sometimes I wish I just didn't have to leave the house!!

Like mrsmom110 said, hope your day gets better!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:05 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I think it's a sign of the times. There's a 3-way stop near our house, and I estimate 95% of the drivers who go through that intersection do not stop. Most of them don't even slow down. It infuriates me, but alas, there's nothing I can do about it. There's the notion today that laws are for everybody else, but never for me! It stinks, but that seems to be the way it is. All of life is about me, my convenience, and what I want to do. Screw everybody else!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:35 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Because they're special people and special people don't have to obey the law, don't you know! It's up to you to move out of their way. Drives me crazy--pedestrians used to have the right of way in a crosswalk, but nowadays you better rush your ass across the street before someone on wheels in a hurry flattens it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:23 PM on May. 29, 2013