Anyone here have lasik?

Do you recommend it?
Pros?
Cons?

My dad has a certificate to get $1500 off the $4000 surgery and asked if I wanted it.
I am really considering it. But want other people's opinions.

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 8:58 AM on May. 29, 2013 in Health

• I had it done about 4 years ago. Glasses couldn't fully correct one of my eyes, but now I can see perfectly. My parents and brother have all had it done.

The procedure has greatly improved over the past 15 years.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:20 AM on May. 29, 2013

• My mom got it about 10 years ago. Bright light hurts her eyes & she's back to wearing glasses. Apparently the procedure doesn't last forever. She's thinking about going back to get it redone though, so I guess she thinks it's worth it? I've been considering it too.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:27 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I got it done about 5 years ago and it was the best decision ever. It was incredibly quick (less than 30 seconds per eye) and I was back at work the next day.
    CorpCityGrl

Answer by CorpCityGrl at 10:58 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I had and I love it. There are risks but I had no problems. 10 years no glasses or contacts.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 2:36 PM on May. 29, 2013

• LOL Lasix is a prescription drug. I came in here a little worried you had a heart problem!

Yes, I have had lasik. My husband and I both did it in December 2007. We had the bladeless version, and I don't know if they still do surgery with a blade, but if they do, opt for bladeless instead. We both had excellent results. It's really one of the best things I've ever done. I wrote about it years ago for one of the old journal theme days HERE.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:33 AM on May. 29, 2013

• My boyfriend won't vet it done. His dad had it and the surgery didn't go well. If you do it, be sure the clinic is reputable. Check with the Better Business Bureau, especially to see the number of operations undertaken by your doctor of choice on a given day. We found out that a lot of doctors do far too many surgeries in a day. Ten or less is recommended.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:19 PM on May. 29, 2013

• hehe fixed it
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on May. 29, 2013