Anyone have town and country? a caravan?

Do you like it?
Pros?
Cons?

Thinking on getting one of the two it will be between 2010-2012

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 9:01 AM on May. 29, 2013 in Shopping

• I have a 2010 Town & Country & I love it! :) The only bad thing I can think of is that the Chrysler vans are notorious for their rear brakes going bad before their time. But other than that, I love the stow & go, the folding seats, the mileage is decent. I have owned a van for about 10 years now, & this model year is my fav. so far. I know you'll like it too. Go test drive one :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:16 AM on May. 29, 2013

• I have a 1998 Grand Caravan. The middle seats are buckets, and the back is a full bench. I have seating for 7 total.

The back has the hook things for groceries. I love the idea but they're kinda hard to get the bags onto.

Gas mileage: I get 250-300 miles on a tank. The tank is 17 gallons, I think. Because I do a lot of around town driving I fill up every 2 weeks. 250 on a tank is my around town. 300+ on a tank is more freeway driving. I've gotten 21.something MPG before. My around town average is 17-19MPG.

The seats are leather (not a biggie to me). The widows are power. The slider windows do not open at all, and the windows in the back only crack open. *I* don't mind, but the kids would rather the open more.

Overall I would HIGHLY recommend my Grand Caravan. I would rather have a newer version, but I have no payments on it so I'm not going to complain too much.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:38 AM on May. 29, 2013

• We don't have a town and country But we do have a dodge grand caravan. Our last 3 vans were. We love them.

Pros: Versatile rear seating configurations, spacious interior, perfect crash test scores(which I can testify to. we hit 2 horses and survived! and hit many other things with little damage), efficient highway tripper, dependable.

Cons: Poor Quality Interior,Noisy Sliding Doors, Bumpy Ride (feel every bump in the road), Small Noises (rattles) from interior, Transmission Slips, Dealer Service Center incompetent (they don't have a lot of parts).

In my opinion, its a great van!
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 9:25 AM on May. 29, 2013

• We have a couple here at work. The biggest problems we have had is the automatic doors stop working after a few years and the rear brakes just don't seem to hold up. Engine's we've never had a problem with.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:19 AM on May. 29, 2013