Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How do i go about getting my Son back after signing adoption papers?

So my son is 7 years old now I had him when I was 16 years old and my parents adopted him when he was 5.
When I was younger I thought it was the best option but now that I see him and how he is being raised and what he is around I regret it!.
My dad is amazing to him a great person and role model. He raised me and I trust him but he is working so often. My Mother on the other hand is with my son all day everyday and she doesn't engauge in any activitys with him, She is addicted to pain killers and is sometimes so high that she just passes out for hours. Leaving my son to fend for himself. She is yelling at him and treating him like a baby. For excample he can dress himself and would rather dress himself but she enssits on dressing him which make him very uncomfortable. She doesn't get up and make him meals and just gives him unhealth snacks cause she is so lazy. I want him safe and with me. How do I do it?

Answer Question
Karinsa D.

Asked by Karinsa D. at 2:45 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Adoption

Level 1 (3 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Is he being homeschooled?

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:52 PM on May. 29, 2013

  • You need to consult an attorney.

    Answer by m-avi at 3:06 PM on May. 29, 2013

  • If what you say about your mother is true and not an exaggeration because you want your son back, then you really need to get CPS involved because the child is being neglected at best, and maybe worse.

    Answer by Ballad at 3:07 PM on May. 29, 2013

  • He is going to public school if my mother gets him there. When my dad is home he takes him, But when he is at work my mother does nothing. I get him dressed fed and off to school. I have been wanting to get him back for some time now I have decided that it is my mission. i feel so sad and betrayed I wanted to give him a better life but it turned out to be worse then what I can provide for him. I am not sure how to go about contacting a attorney, Or how to go about contacting CPS without him getting taken away from me as well. Could I contact CPS and get my rights back or will he just be put in state custody?

    Answer by MotherBear12 at 3:12 PM on May. 29, 2013

  • You don't.
    How many accounts do you have?

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:19 PM on May. 29, 2013

  • CPS will not reinstate your rights. The adoption can't be overturned at this point. He will likely go into foster care if there isn't another relative besides you who can take him. They may not remove him at first, but try to work a family-based plan. If that isn't successful, then they may remove him and it would be your parents, his adoptive parents, who works to regain custody of him. Can you take your concerns to your dad?

    Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:16 AM on May. 30, 2013

  • Attorney

    Answer by escuchar at 12:48 PM on Apr. 14, 2014

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.