Tilapia recipes?

i really wanted to grill them but im out of both the things i use when i grill tilapia (lemon and dill) so im in desperate need of some recipes! preferably for the grill. i could always just bread and bake but i'd like to switch it up a little. i have canned tomatoes (and spanish rice if you have a spanish recipe) most spices & seasonings, onion, garlic. im just out of lemons and all fresh herbs :(

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 2:46 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Just wrap each piece individually in aluminum foil with the ingredients that you want. Try it out and see how it works. I like to experiment with that stuff... never know until you try!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:05 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I've never tried grilling it but we LOVE it breaded and fried!
    dimples2k13

Answer by dimples2k13 at 4:09 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I usually grill it or bake it with a Hawaiian marinade.

If I was better at pan frying it I would do that, when the fish was mostly done I would remove it and then heat up some salsa mixed with black or pinto beans and heat that up, then add the fish back to the salsa / bean mixture and heat through. Then serve it over rice.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:19 PM on May. 29, 2013

• im thinking of making individual foil packets for the grill- each one with a dab of butter, diced tomatoes, garlic & onion. but im open to more recipes!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 4:22 PM on May. 29, 2013

• The individual foil packets is a great and healthy idea. You can add sliced onions and mushrooms or different colored peppers. Or some dried herbs and garlic and some bitter or olive oil.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:33 AM on May. 30, 2013

• That's not "bitter", that's "bUtter", of course, lol
    momto2boys973