How do i go about getting my Son back after signing adoption papers?

So my son is 7 years old now I had him when I was 16 years old and my parents adopted him when he was 5.
When I was younger I thought it was the best option but now that I see him and how he is being raised and what he is around I regret it!.
My dad is amazing to him a great person and role model. He raised me and I trust him but he is working so often. My Mother on the other hand is with my son all day everyday and she doesn't engauge in any activitys with him, She is addicted to pain killers and is sometimes so high that she just passes out for hours. Leaving my son to fend for himself. She is yelling at him and treating him like a baby. For excample he can dress himself and would rather dress himself but she enssits on dressing him which make him very uncomfortable. She doesn't get up and make him meals and just gives him unhealth snacks cause she is so lazy. I want him safe and with me. How do I do it?

MotherBear12

Asked by MotherBear12 at 3:17 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Adoption

• He is going to public school if my mother gets him there. When my dad is home he takes him, But when he is at work my mother does nothing. I get him dressed fed and off to school. I have been wanting to get him back for some time now I have decided that it is my mission. i feel so sad and betrayed I wanted to give him a better life but it turned out to be worse then what I can provide for him. I am not sure how to go about contacting a attorney, Or how to go about contacting CPS without him getting taken away from me as well. Could I contact CPS and get my rights back or will he just be put in state custody?
    MotherBear12

Comment by MotherBear12 (original poster) at 3:18 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Do you live with your parents?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:19 PM on May. 29, 2013

• im confused. did you not get the desired answers the first time you asked this on a different account?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:20 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I think she asked it on a FB account and then reasked it after creating a regular CM account.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:21 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I created a account after asking with facebook. It got confusing I wasn't getting any notifications on the other question. Sorry for the confusion. I am renting out there basement apartment
    MotherBear12

Comment by MotherBear12 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Somehow... I don't see it ending well if you are living with them. And yes, living in their basement apartment is living with them. Why not talk to your dad about your concerns?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:25 PM on May. 29, 2013

• You're already living in the same house as your son. Unless you plan to move, what do you see changing if you did regain custody of your child?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:26 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I have talked to my dad. it is really a tough situation. I am not sure how he feels or if we share the same concerns I know he has been getting after her about things lately but. In my Eyes she need to go. She is not a good person to be raising my son. If I could go back and redo everything I would have never let them raise him. I really thought I was doing what was best but It back fired
    MotherBear12

Comment by MotherBear12 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Everything would change. He would have a mother who will actually care for him, get him his need and educate him. I have thought this over and I would be willing to relocate. She is not there for him as a mother should be just like she wasn't for me. She doesn't treat him as a individual more like a object it is really painful to see what is happening.
    MotherBear12

Comment by MotherBear12 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on May. 29, 2013

• My living situation is separate from there home. Complete apartment cut off from the rest of the house. We are here to help them with the house payments and so I can be there for my son as much as he is aloud. We would easily be about to move so we are not stuck here financially more here to help and so I can be as close to him as possible
    MotherBear12

Comment by MotherBear12 (original poster) at 3:50 PM on May. 29, 2013