Have a New Kid by Friday??!!?

Has anyone tried this book?? I have 3 yr old twins, and I am just looking for a few different ways to handle their "tantrums". I bought the book today, and I've ready through the Monday portion about "say it once and walk away"... Just wondering if anyone has read it, and actually followed through w/ it, and if so did it work??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• say it once and walk away.. is exactly what i do and i do not even have the book, so i would say yes this DOES work!
    Anonymous

• Never heard of the book. Please keep me posted if it works. I will go buy to book tomorrow.
    mum1

Answer by mum1 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• So, what if you're kid sits there and yells, "Hu? What did you say? Mom, what?" Do you repeat yourself? :0)
    Erin333

Answer by Erin333 at 10:23 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I haven't tried this approach, maybe I should, because I am at the point where I am SO tired of repeating myself all the time.....
    JenStricklin77

Answer by JenStricklin77 at 11:25 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

I think the point of this tactic is to make the kids realize that you are not going to give into their attention getting tantrums.... After a couple of times the tantrums should get better. Idk, I havent' tried it yet, still reading. I have had a lot of moms tell me it works, so it's worth a shot. Also, this book focuses on following through w/ what you say, and not giving in b/c they won't be quiet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Feb. 18, 2009