Have you had any interesting visitors lately??

I was sitting in my living room with my doors and windows open earlier today. I saw an odd shadow coming down my hallway. I get up just as a ferret walks into my living room! After I calmed down I managed to get the friendly little feller into my cat crate.

None of my neighbors are missing him. The sheriffs office hasn't received a report of him missing. I'm seriously wondering if this thing is a pet or wild animal. No clue what to do with him. He reeks. I don't know if I should bathe him, what to feed it...etc. I'm clueless. So I guess I'll be googling ferrets this evening.

So, have you had any weird visitors lately and or do you have a suggestion as to what I should do with him?

PandaGwen

Asked by PandaGwen at 5:13 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Pets

• Oh, and a high protein cat food is fine for him.

Do you mind if I share a couple of pics of the critters we found in and by our condo when we were on vacation a couple of weeks ago?

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 AM on May. 30, 2013

• I would try to bathe him and feed him and maybe take him to a local pet shop.
    We keep having this fugly dog get into our yard yelping none stop. I think I know who it belongs t and will just capture next time and call animal control.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:19 PM on May. 29, 2013

• He could probably use a bath, most ferrets won't mind it. You can get special shampoo but you can also use baby shampoo. here is a link http://www.wikihow.com/Bathe-a-Ferret

I'm sure the little thing is hungry as well. You can feed them high quality cat/kitten food if needed, they also make ferret food. 

They can bite(but if he let you come up to him without any problem this is less likely). He sounds like he is pretty friendly. 

We just moved into a new complex and the neighborhood cats try to come in our house. Besides that nothing strange lately, I've had a duck wander in my yard before(pet). 

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 5:28 PM on May. 29, 2013

• its not him that stinks, its his ass
    seriously :)
    they secrete a scent from their bums
    and if you dont keep it under control your clothes will smell like it. i know because a person came to my house once and as i was gagging my kids explained to me what the stench was :/
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 5:21 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Since we've moved to FL, we had one encounter with a gator at a park. We canoed into his territory by accident. There was also a huge spider in my kitchen. I got the exterminators set up the next day.

I get a lot of little lizards that visit my sunroom. I think there's been an armadillo digging holes by the driveway, but we haven't caught sight of him yet.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 5:21 PM on May. 29, 2013

• My daughter's nanna had a gray dove wander into her yard the other day. She got it just before one of the neighborhood cats did. We think it was someone's pet because it didn't even try to fly away from her, and its wings weren't clipped. Very sweet little bird. People let birds go when they get tired of them and figure they'll be fine in the wild, but they usually either freeze to death if the climate is cold or end up as cat snacks.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:32 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Not interesting so much as not living. I have had three dead birds and one dead bunny in my yard in the last week.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:37 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Oh good Lord, I think I would've peed my pants! lol :p I'm not a fan of critters, even ferrets. Will animal control take him in? Or do you want the thing? :p If you want to keep it, I guess Google will be your friend tonite :p Let us know how it goes.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:30 PM on May. 29, 2013

• We got home from walking the dog yesterday evening and we had a little groundhog running around the front yard, but we've watched its mother almost the whole three years we've lived here, so it's not really new or that interesting. We enjoy watching them out the window, though.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:32 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Oh & to answer your question, no strange or interesting visitors here. But the baby Robins haven't hatched yet :) They come back & build a nest in our front tree almost every year.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:33 PM on May. 29, 2013