I'm receiving messages on my iPod from my iphone

Okay so I have an iPod and I just got the iPhone yesterday, but I noticed since I used the same email for my apple id on my iPhone and on the iPod now when people text me my iPod will receive the messages too but I don't want to be receiving all the messages twice, & I already changed the email on my ipod to something different and on my iPhone I set it up to only receive the messages to my phone number and not the email but I still receive the messages to on my iPod but only if its from another iPhone, does anyone know how I can fix this ? Please & Thank You.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Technology

• Does it have anything to do with the iCloud feature? That messed my phone up big time. I finally turned it off.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:07 PM on May. 29, 2013

• You'll get Facebook notifications and stuff like that on it too. I have an old iPhone that I use as an iPod, and everytime I turn it on there's FB, email and game notifications on it.
    You can sync it to an iPad, too. When my hubby gets a text it makes his iPad ding, too.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:19 PM on May. 29, 2013