Friends CO

My friends sons dad is mad at her because she won't give him makeup time when its her youngest sons birthday next weekend. She doesn't want her oldest son to miss his brothers birthday is this unreasonable?

ginamom512

Asked by ginamom512 at 5:38 PM on May. 29, 2013 in General Parenting

• So, it isn't his normal weekend? This would be an unscheduled visit? If that is the case then no, she isn't being unreasonable. If they can work it out have the older brother go to the birthday party and then see dad after.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 5:40 PM on May. 29, 2013

• kmath: He wanted makeup time he canceled for no reason. My friend would be reasonable if there was an actual reason.
    ginamom512

Comment by ginamom512 (original poster) at 6:00 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Is "make -up" time court ordered? If not she's not obligated to give it to him. It's he time this weekend and she's being reasonable to keep time which is hers. He can take makeup time some other weekend. Of course I've been told I am a bitch today so maybe...
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:14 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I had it put in my custody order that if my ex canceled or didn't show up for a visit without giving me at least 24 hours notice, he forfeited that time. So, in my opinion, no she's not being unreasonable. If he canceled, then it's his own fault he missed the time.

I would caution, however, that if it doesn't state that in the court order, she needs to be careful, because there's a chance he could take it to court and make it look like she's interfering with his time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:14 PM on May. 29, 2013

• If he cancelled not her. She doesn't have too. Unless she want to. Unless she had something planed that weekend. Let them go over.

Answer by louise2 at 7:43 PM on May. 29, 2013