Teens and spending the night

I personally find it disgusting when I hear of parents letting their teens have sleep overs with their boyfriends they are pretty much asking to become young grandparents! My daughter is 16 she knows that no boyfriends will be allowed to ever spend the night and if she has a boyfriend they can spend time in the living room no boys in the bedrooms what is everyones opinions and rules on this topic?

ginamom512

Asked by ginamom512 at 5:57 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• The only time I have ever heard of parents letting boyfriends and girlfriends spend the night, is here on cafemom. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:01 PM on May. 29, 2013

• the only time my parents and dh's parents were ok with it was ONE time. I went with them to sit and wait for his sister to have her 1st child. We all went back to his house and I was too tired to drive, so I slept over, in his bed. BUT he was in the guest bedroom. We didn't share a bed.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:03 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I second that JeremysMom
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:06 PM on May. 29, 2013

• It's beyond me that this has even become a topic for discussion. There's no need for teenagers to have kids of the opposite sex sleep over, ever, except maybe in a case like Josiesmommy described, and that wouldn't be preplanned. If I had even dared to bring up the idea to my parents, which I wouldn't have thought of doing because the notion wouldn't have crossed my mind to begin with, they would have had massive simultaneous strokes and dropped dead on the floor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:14 PM on May. 29, 2013

• When I was in college and dating a guy from a different town we slept at each others parents houses but never in the same room!
    I will have to be extra careful because my son and daughter are 18 months apart, I've already heard my dd telling my ds to invite over certain friends! :). But no gfs or brs ever spending the night.

Answer by missanc at 6:33 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I was never allowed to have an overnite w/ a BF. If a bf came over, we had to be in the living room, not upstairs. I feel strongly on this & have instilled those same rules at home w/ my own children. I'm not naive to think that will stop them if they really want to have alone time, but I sure as hell ain't havin' it going on under my own roof!

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:43 PM on May. 29, 2013

• That is not a sleep over that is a F**K over. Cause that is what they would be doing all night.
    that never happened in my house. Boys were not alowed in the bedroom.

Answer by louise2 at 7:50 PM on May. 29, 2013

• When I was 18 an EX boyfriend had come home to visit. We only split because he was in school across the country, and he came home as a surprise to see me graduate. (I was 18 at the time, he was 21) My mom allowed him to stay over only because he had nowhere to go, and a long drive to Colorado from PA! Of course we slept together (we had many times before), but what was she going to do?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:51 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Listen I don't play that boyfriend or spending the night at the most she worrying about being a grand mom when she not even worrying about how that would affect the young parents life these mothers now a days need to get it together I want the best for my kids and if that mean cutting down and picking up on a lot of things then that's what I'm gone do Cuz that's apart of my job I ask my kids all the time what they wanna do and where they see they self at when they get out of school that spending the night stuff out the picture sorry
    newedition2013

Answer by newedition2013 at 9:25 AM on May. 30, 2013

• Only if emergency and not in same room.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 6, 2013