WHY do people shove formula samples down your throat when you find out you're pregnant?!?!?!

You get them at the dr office, by mail, when you register for something. WHY! How about give me a gift certificate for the same amount the formula costs for purchase of a breast pump or free breast milk storage bags. I understand not everyone wants to breast feed but those who do shouldn't have formula force fed to them!!!!

BeautyGuru

Asked by BeautyGuru at 6:57 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked the same question
    and at my OBs office, they looked at me like I had a third head because I was refusing "FREE" stuff :(
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:16 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Because formula companies make money when you use those samples, like them and buy their products. All you have to do is say no to the samples or better yet, donate the samples to a women's and children's shelter.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:00 PM on May. 29, 2013

• WOW... How offensive. Free samples for babies that need feeding.

Are you serious?

Just say no thanks. And I've yet to see anyone SHOVE formula samples down anyone's throats.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:01 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Or you could give it to someone else who will use it, no need to get upset over a freebie!

Answer by older at 7:01 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Because It's helpful for some people
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:58 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Be careful, you donating them is you turning around and "shoving them down" someone else's throat. lol. jk
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:03 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I wish that the worst thing that I had to deal with is getting unwanted samples, lol.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:02 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Because they want you to buy their products. Just like when you get samples of other kinds. It's part of marketing and a free market. If you don't want them then donate them to food pantries in your area. Someone more interested will use them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:07 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Hmmm... never had formula samples shoved down my throat before. Sounds nasty.

I did get some in the mail several times. I saved them and donated them to the local women's shelter.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 7:17 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Whatever! Just donate it or save it for if you ever needed it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:20 PM on May. 29, 2013