I have just gotten home from filing a police report.

Long story short this woman backhanded, as in full swing, her child in a sore I was shopping in while he was sitting in the cart crying. Kid is probably 2 1/2 - 3. His sister was maybe 4 or so. She was in the basket of the cart. Woman saw that I had seen her and moved the cart up a bit out of my view and another couple saw her hit the boy again and the pull her arm back to swing at the girl. I guess the look on his face made her think again and she stopped.
I was vibrating so bad I had to get out. We told the ladies at the checkout and hey encouraged us to report it. The other couple came up and said make the call we will stay her with you.

Police came. File recorded. Manager says they do not have surveillance in that part of store.
Woman of course denied it.
Officer told us he was not taking the children because the boy's face was red but not bruised and she claims sun burn. He was putting her on the CPS watch list. He even walked her to her car took her license and the car's license and registration.

I am serious, she is lucky I have some control because I would be in jail right now if I had stood there one minute longer. I am still vibrating.

I had so much stuff to do today. I did not want to take the time out to be with an officer.
Please tell me if you would have done the same..

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 7:02 PM on May. 29, 2013 in About CafeMom

• good job dard

fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 7:22 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I'm so glad you called. If she does this in public what is she like behind closed doors? The boys face was still red when the police came, that's ridiculous.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 7:08 PM on May. 29, 2013

• You bet! I would have done the same, maybe even more...that boils my blood to no end, good for you girl!

Answer by older at 7:06 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Yes. I surely would have done the same. Rest assured you did the right thing.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:11 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Yes, you absolutely did the right thing. Those poor kids, having such a shitty excuse for a mother.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:06 PM on May. 29, 2013

• In a heartbeat I would have called. I may have even tried to stop her from hitting the other child. I know for a FACT I would have been seeing red if that happened in front of me. Parents are supposed to protect their children from harm, as best possible.

Parents are NOT supposed to INFLICT harm on their children.

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! for staying and filing a report, even though it was a massive inconvenience for you.

clapping      bow down      shake hand

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:12 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Awe, poor little things. Imagine what she does to them at home. I hope CPS pursues this. How terrible :(

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:18 PM on May. 29, 2013

• That's horrible! Yes- you absolutely did the right thing! I wonder what it means to be on the "watch list" tho & if they will follow up on those kids. It's so sad.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:10 PM on May. 29, 2013

• hearts to you :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:17 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Great Job, I would have been fuming as well.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 7:28 PM on May. 29, 2013