21lbs in 21 days. Martha vineyards detox

Anyone tried it? I am going to start it soon.

libramoon007

Asked by libramoon007 at 8:40 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• General rule - any weight loss plan that involves a timeframe in days or includes the word "detox" is going to make you fatter 6 weeks after you stop than you were when you started.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:44 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Vineyards? Is this a wine diet?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:41 PM on May. 29, 2013

• This is a quick fix, as in you may lose it in 21 days but it will all be coming right back. Look into real lifestyle changes in your diet and fitness for lasting results
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:50 PM on May. 29, 2013

• This might be a surprise to you but the notion of the body harbouring toxins is nonsense. The human body is designed to keep itself clean. Your colon (and any other part of your body) cleanses itself all the time. There is no real need to "detox".

If you want to feel better eat more fruit and veg, less fat and drink more water ... and start going for a walk at least once a day
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 3:16 AM on May. 30, 2013

• and youre going to do the coffee enemas too?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:07 PM on May. 29, 2013

• LOL @ feral, maybe that's what it is.. wine enemas!! Yeah!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:38 PM on May. 29, 2013

• But I am doing it more to feel better and get rid of toxins. I have lost weight in the pastand know how to keep it off, I just need a jump start. Besides this post was not for those to put it down it was for anyone that has tried it.
    libramoon007

Comment by libramoon007 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on May. 29, 2013

• http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/lose-21-pounds-in-21-days-the-marthas-vineyard-diet-detox

This article was very informative. If you want a true detox that is healthy and makes you feel better, this is not the way to do it. It is another unhealthy hype fad and someone is trying to make money off of it.......
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:03 PM on May. 29, 2013

• A pound a day? That doesn't sound healthy, at least not for the long term. Two to three pounds a week is the most I've ever seen recommended for healthy weight loss. Now if you just want to look good for a wedding or something and then go back to your ol life, it may be okay. But read up on the health reviews online and make sure you won't be harming yourself.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:08 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Losing anything more than 2 lbs per week is setting yourself up for failure. It is not healthy to lose weight that quickly and you will feel like shit. Quite frankly, I can think of better and healthier ways to spend my money... just sayin'.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:59 PM on May. 29, 2013