Bee Sting

While at the park with my kids, I was stung by a bee on my foot. I hurt really bad, it felt like a prick and then a shock entering my foot. It's been about two hours, and it's not swollen. I did not find a stinger, and it's not bleeding. I attempted to touch around the area where it originally hurt, but I don't feel pain in one particular area where the bee could have stung me. I'm scared that it was a needle, but I assume that a needle prick would draw some kind of blood right?
Has this happened to anyone? What should I do?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 8:55 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Health

• If I get stung I swell up. I am allergic to bees. If it was a bee. You are not allergic. Why would you think it was a needle?

Answer by louise2 at 9:01 PM on May. 29, 2013

• go get a tetanus shot.. . and get tested for aids and hep.  if you really believe it was a needle. but aids might not show up for a while. not trying to scare you. but thats what dirty needles do.

Anonymous

• If it was a wasp or hornet, rather than a bee, there wouldn't be a stinger. If it felt like a bee sting, I'd assume that that's what happened, because I've gotten a needle in the foot (I had to have it surgically removed,) and I wouldn't mistake it for a sting, ever.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:01 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I'm also curious why you would think it was a needle? Did you see any while you were there?

Answer by missanc at 9:03 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Bee stings usually swell up. Could it have been a small piece of wood or pine needle. If it still hurts in the morning call the doctor, maybe they can find a splinter.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:04 PM on May. 29, 2013

• No, I didn't see a needle, but to be honest... I'm a bit paranoid like that, and we were at the park. If it wasn't a bee that stung me I assumed it would be something small and sharp.. like a needle.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 9:05 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Do you have fire ant were you live. They bite too.
    Fire ants do not make me swell. But they leave a big red bump on me and itch .

Answer by louise2 at 9:13 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Sounds like a wasp or a hornet. No big deal.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:16 PM on May. 29, 2013

• Thank you ladies. I went back to check the site where I was stung, and I didn't find a needle. I'm feeling a little sick though, and a little nauseous. Like I'm coming down with a cold. Is that normal? Or could it be unrelated to the bee sting?

I haven't been stung by a bee in 25 years. I was five and I remember it hurt really bad and there was a bruise, but don't remember anything after that.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 9:39 PM on May. 29, 2013

• oops meant 22 years*
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 9:40 PM on May. 29, 2013