Fried potato salad

SO tried fried potato salad over the weekend
i didnt because it had pork in it

i am trying to make it tonight (without pork, obviously)

i have taken from several different recipes and seasoned heavily but it still tastes just a bit "off"?

has anyone made this dish before? should it taste different than boiled potato salad? am i missing something?

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 10:27 PM on May. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• I have made something similar I saw on Paula Deen a few years ago, she boiled her potatoes about halfway done, then drained and dried them, then fried them for a crunch. Cooled them and then did the usual potato salad thing. Is that what you did? It wasn't bad.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:24 AM on May. 30, 2013

• I've never made it, but I just looked up the recipe on Food.com and it sounds really good. I've never had warm potato salad before.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:39 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I just looked up the recipe, too, and I want some now. It has many of my favorite things in it. I've had warm potato salad, but it was the German kind with a ton of vinegar, and it didn't agree with me.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:45 PM on May. 29, 2013

• I've never heard of fried potato salad. Is it a regional thing? Hmmmmm. I need to google a recipe.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 9:01 AM on May. 30, 2013

• That sounds good I never tried that you just bought something new to my eyes hope everything turn out great post pics later
    newedition2013

Answer by newedition2013 at 9:17 AM on May. 30, 2013

• IF you try it.
    let it sit for at least 30 miins
    when i first made it it was ick!
    half an hour later it wasnt too bad...
    feralxat

Comment by feralxat (original poster) at 12:20 AM on May. 30, 2013