Alive day celebration ideas?

BIL that was almost killed last year in a bicycling accident is coming to visit this summer and it will be close to his 'Alive Day'. DH wanted to have a party or some kind of celebration of him living through his near death experience, but we really don't know what to do.

Any ideas?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:51 AM on May. 30, 2013 in Holidays

• you know how people say "My life flashed before my eyes"?
    have a "Your life flashed before our eyes" theme where people gather their favorite stories about him (and pics). you can decorate with them, have people share with him etc

you can even get a book made up as a keepsake

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:25 AM on May. 30, 2013

• have a cook out
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:51 AM on May. 30, 2013

• What an awesome way to remember the positives in a scary situation! I love it. Maybe you could get a shoe box, tape it closed and cut a small hole in the lid and decorate it. Then have people put in slips of paper telling something special about the guest of honor, and he could draw out a slip each day or each week or whatever and feel cherished all year long
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:17 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I'm thinking a party. of good food, music and talking. It will be awesome just getting together celebrating life!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:04 PM on Jun. 28, 2013

• That would be a really cool idea. sort of like a scrapbook of friends and family favorite moments with him. I like it. He won't be here for his actual alive day, but we could start it and then have his wife do the same thing at home with all of their friends.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 11:35 AM on May. 30, 2013