Holy hell! I'm up to 20 dogs now!

Don't get me wrong, I run the rescue out of the kindness of my heart and I love these animals BUT....I hate when people dump their animals on my land b/c they see all the others I have here. I am a non profit, I pay for everything these animals need out of my own pocket. How the hell am I going to do this? AHH!!! Maybe the shelter can adopt them out, Idk....

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 10:00 AM on May. 30, 2013 in Pets

• Talk to other rescues in your area & look for foster homes until you can get them adopted
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:01 AM on May. 30, 2013

• That's a lot of mouths to feed! Poor little things. That's really nice of you to care for them. I'd call a Shelter & see what they recommend though.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:05 AM on May. 30, 2013

• Wish I could help you out. I love animals, but my son is allergic. Hope the shelter can help you adopt them out or take in a few.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 10:06 AM on May. 30, 2013

• BTW, Maybe the Shelter will help pay for spaying or do it for free for you.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:08 AM on May. 30, 2013

• That's awesome! I have a friend who tries to find homes for homeless dogs versus sending them to the animal shelter where they end up being euthanized.
    She raises money for the adoptees so the transportation of dogs, to any state, is free.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:26 AM on May. 30, 2013

• The shelter will hopefully help with food. I would also put an add up on craigslist or at your local store or bullentien board asking for donations. If you want to continue doing this I would look into creating a non-profit so you could solicite donations from businesses and individuals.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:05 AM on May. 30, 2013

• Do you have Facebook? Have you submitted any of them to Dogshaming's adoptable Fridays?
    Social media does amazing things for animals!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:34 PM on May. 30, 2013

• If it's a small town, contact the local newspaper and see if they will do a human interest story on you.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:07 AM on May. 30, 2013

• Do you advertise them on Petfinder.com? That's how I got my guy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:53 AM on May. 30, 2013

• I'm wondering, could you contact some of the dog food companies and ask for help, if you are a registered nonprofit? My boyfriend has a colleague whose wife runs a Jack Russell rescue in North Carolina, and much of the food is donated free of charge. Hills Pet Nutrition donates a lot of the dog food used where they trained my guide dog. Or maybe you could put jars in some of your local stores for funds if people know you and your work in your town? Good luck!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:12 PM on May. 30, 2013