Achey pelvis?

I'm currently 30 weeks, and for the past month or so, the front of my pelvis has been hurting. Usually I don't notice until I stand up from sitting or lying down. It's not severe or anything, and I assume it's normal, but I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same kinda of pain.
It's like my pubic bone is bruised. It even hurts a little if I press on it.

BatGirl1415

Asked by BatGirl1415 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Ahem.... *Achy
    BatGirl1415

Answer by BatGirl1415 at 6:35 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes I'm 34wks and I have the same problem mine didn't start as early as yours but its happening now. When I talked to my doctor about it she said its most likely just the baby moving down and getting into position for labor. I have found that nothing really fixes it or makes it go away but warm baths and heat pads have worked for me to lessen the pain.
    leemarie18

Answer by leemarie18 at 6:39 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The achy pelvis is from the baby getting ready to come out. Your body is producing a hormone that is weakening the cartilage throughout your body to make the birth easier... You'll continue to be achy throughout the pregnancy and also a few weeks afterwards, because your body has to get back to it's pre-pregnancy state.

A website that explains all about it is
    http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/facts/pelvicarthropathy.htm

I hope this helps
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 6:49 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would guess it is from the normal & expected loosening of ligaments in preparation for baby's passage. There is a hormone "Relaxin" that softens the ligaments for this reason. It causes moms to be clumsy sometimes, sore.
    Sometimes yoga stretches helped me.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:50 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yep, normal! It's your body's way of preparing you for labor. My pelvis has been achy for the last month now and I am only 26 weeks. :) Stretching definitely helps though! Yoga is awesome!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:51 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• This is the story of my life. Im 39 weeks pregnant and ive felt like this since 30 weeks. ..COMPLETELY normal. The doctor told me not to worry at all and that it prob wouldn't stop.
    mandar

Answer by mandar at 7:01 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• im 24 weeks and mine hurts too.its normal.
    carebear875

Answer by carebear875 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 17, 2009