Hairdressers, please help ... Hairstyle (YouTube Link) - What should I ask for?

Hi Ladies,

I ran across this hairstyle/cut on YouTube and really like it.  How do I describe it to a hairdresser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYNnRjTdzo&feature=fvwrel

I'm lucky in that I have thick, healthy hair with a lot of body (I know I can carry off the style) ... what I don't have is a hairdresser that knows how to cut it (seriously, I've tried at least a dozen over the last 7 years, each one worse than the one before).  I currently do have some layers, but they always end up too chunky for my liking, even though hairdressers promise me they can cut them to "blend" in better ... they never do.

My hair is my "thing" ... I'm tired of being a guinea pig and just want a simple, decent style.  Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Take a picture, or show it to them on your phone! I have found pictures are much better than trying to explain to a stylist what I want. Ask your friends that have good cuts for recommendations. I finally gave up and started going to a higher priced salon to find a decent stylist and I pay more but end up with a style I love.

Answer by missanc at 12:03 PM on May. 30, 2013

• pictures help a LOT. They always have books- ask for them if they aren't out and find the pic or pics that show what you want.
    Also if you have tried for this style before, tell them the problems you have had previously - too chunky or whatever it is...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:05 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I have actually showed them the video on my phone ... what I came home with each time wasn't even remotely close to what I showed them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 PM on May. 30, 2013