Is a scrapbook to much to give to a seven year old?

My daughter loves to do crafts so I thought for her seventh b-day I will get her a scrapbook and stuff to put with it. I've heard from a lot of people that it is a bit too much for her and she wont enjoy it as much as I think she will. I've heard her ask me for a photo book plenty of times. So I just put two and two together photo book and she likes crafts. I think she will enjoy it even if I have to be right there with her. It will give us some bonding time and she will enjoy it when its done.

Femommy

Asked by Femommy at 12:41 PM on May. 30, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think this is just like movies, books, photography, hiking, any other hobby - it depends on the individual. Some people like them, others don't. Some people have the patience, others don't. If you think she'll enjoy it, then do it. If it turns out you're wrong, no biggie, you know better for next time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 12:56 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I bought a scrapbook kit for my six-year-old niece at Chrismas, and her mom said she loved it. In the package, there were rounded scissors, glue, glitter, stickers for the scrapbook pages, the book, and then you could add your own photos. I think it was only about $12 at Wal-Mart.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 PM on May. 30, 2013

• My dd loved it. She did want me right there to help her at that age but that was okay!

Answer by missanc at 2:11 PM on May. 30, 2013

• My neice loved hers and still does it 15 years later!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:59 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I think it's a great idea! I think I had a scrapbook from about the time I went to school ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 2:46 AM on May. 31, 2013