Whatever happened to actually going OUT on a date?

so many people around me seem to make house calls and knowing where its going to go from there. Whatever happened to taking each other out on a date, going home and calling for another date if interested?

maybe its just pple around me or is it just that way now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Nowadays you chance seeing full frontal nudity on a text message before he ever even picks you up!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:02 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Seriously?
    I have been out of the dating game for a very long time and my kids went on dates.
    I am surprised and saddened for people if this is the way it is out there.
    I feel too much is missed by jumping to the end of the book, so to speak.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:16 PM on May. 30, 2013

• People don't go out anymore? I haven't dated in 17 years, but we used to do both. We were teenagers when we got together, so we were broke and didn't have a lot of options. Our first "date" was me going over to his house to play pool and watch a movie (on VHS!) but there was no sex. We would do dinners and movies when we could afford it. We were making $4.25 an hour back then.
    Maybe with so much technology, people feel as if they know each other better before they actually get together. I feel very close to a lot of the friends I've made online. If I was dating though, I think it would be better to get to know a person offline before jumping into a real relationship. People can represent themselves however they want online, and who knows if that is the real them. Think of the Craigslist killer!
    Man, I am glad I don't have to deal with dating these days.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:21 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Scary thought. I tried meeting a couple of guys through online dating sites, and let's just say once I got to know them in person, there was a lot they hadn't saidonlin. Very strange birds.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:57 PM on May. 30, 2013

• The better question might be what ever happened to TALKING on a date. So many times my dh & I go out to eat and see 2 people together and all they do is sit at the table and text or talk on their phones. This is teenagers all the way thru seniors.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:16 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I know, it's crazy. Technology has made people fickle & lazy. It sucks.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:37 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Time has changed people.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:37 PM on May. 30, 2013

• People are either broke & can't afford to go out, or they have communicated so much online that they skipped dinner & went right for dessert! :p My husb. & I haven't been out on a date/date in forever. Although we do get to do our annual getaway for our anniversary, so that makes up for it I guess :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:59 PM on May. 30, 2013

• House calls? I think that is more likely booty calls. I'd hold out for a gentleman (yeah, and perhaps spend the remainder of my life being a cat lady ...)
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:03 PM on May. 30, 2013