Do you feel threatened or disrespected (hate this term) if someone revisits your question?

Is it ok if the agree but not if they do not agree or have a different point of view?

Is it different if it is a rebate question as opposed to a different section?

On the other hand is it threatening or disrespectful to you as a poster to be told you should not revisit the question?

Just curious.

I feel it is open forum and you can answer anywhere as much or as little as you wish. Your choice.
Debate on the other hand seems to invite revisiting and posting because it is debate. lol.
I could be wrong.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 1:04 PM on May. 30, 2013 in About CafeMom

• if someone told me not to visit

i would make it a point TO visit their other questions- and most likely post some silly pic (just to brighten their day, and if not them, then every other member who stopped in that question)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:45 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Like posts more than once on your question? I think it depends on the content. I like it when conversations go back and forth. If they are just coming to bitch, then yeah, that sort of thing sucks.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:07 PM on May. 30, 2013

• i dont think ive ever felt threatened on the internet. i have the option of walking away when something makes me upset, since nobody can force me to sit there.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:19 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I've never even given it a thought till now. Open conversation is open conversation. If I have something to add, I post. The only thing that annoys me is people who post just to bitch because they don't like the question or they think it's stupid or something. Why not just skip it then?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:34 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Still pissed at the anon calling you out for poorly attempted derailing?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:14 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I don't think anyone expects people to agree with everything they say. I think it's more about attitude. If someone is going to come into someone else's post just to bitch or be a pain, then people have every right to be tell them to get over themselves and go away. Likewise, if someone is posting a question just to bait or to puff themselves up or whatever then people have a right to tell them where to go as well. Conversation and debate is an exchange of information and ideas, and if it's one sided it's not going to work. And in order for conversation to work there SHOULD be room for disagreements. So if an OP proves that she's not actually interested in having a conversation, she's just here to beat people over the head, she shouldn't be posting. But if the OP is making an attempt at honest and respectful discussion then those who comment should do more than just gripe about the poster or how stupid the question is.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:22 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I have no problems w/ an open, honest discussions & realize opinions vary as much as we do. I don't care for things getting nasty, or personal attacks on someone's belief system, or assumed level of education. (If it's my own post, I will close it if things get out of hand)  I think in most cases,  if people respond more than once, then they simply had more to add. Or in some cases, to defend their stance on a topic.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:39 PM on May. 30, 2013

• No. If I don't like it and someone keeps posting then I can just close the question. Problem solved. I'm guessing I missed something while I was out. Again.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:19 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I do not allow an online group or person to "get me pissed" over anything they say. I

and yet, here you are bringing it up bitching about it....
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:22 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Honestly, this is one of the reasons why I don't keep my questions open that long. I think it's odd when old questions are bumped & answered.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:46 PM on May. 30, 2013