itchy lump in vaginal opening 3 months postpartum??

I'm 3 months postpartum and delivered with a c section. About a week ago I started itching my "girl parts" and thought I had a yeast infection so I started home treatment. Two days later I noticed a nickel sized lump right inside my vaginal opening. It was very sore the first few days but the last two days now the hurt seemed to diminish but it didn't go down in size.. I did sit ups today and started hurting at 20. Now its throbbing and hurts again. It hurts to sit walk bend over squat have sex wipe.. the lump doesn't have a head and hate to say but my backside hole itches too!! I'm just very uncomfortable. Please can someone possibly give me something to think about?? I go to the Dr in two days!!

fltown89

Asked by fltown89 at 1:04 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Health

• Have you been checked for STD's since you delivered? Have you had unprotected sex?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:23 PM on May. 30, 2013

• A cyst maybe? See your doctor.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:28 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Google " Bartholins Gland" and see if it's in the same area. I had surgery on mine to correct it in December after too many problems with it. Seems similar to what you are describing.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 1:28 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I have only had sex with my fiancĂ© so I'm not really think std.. I've Google the bartholins cyst because it did sound very similar and I have a cyst on my right ovary at the moment but everything says it looks lime there is a head and I Dont see anything like that?? I had an ultrasound yesterday to check and make sure my 2 week old IUD was in right and everything looked good.. that's how they found the ovarian cyst
    fltown89

Comment by fltown89 (original poster) at 1:36 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I'd start asking the fiance- no joke. Did you have anal sex with him too?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:40 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Yes.. what does this sound like to you??
    fltown89

Comment by fltown89 (original poster) at 1:47 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Did you go for your Postpartum checkup yet? Go ASAP.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:15 PM on May. 30, 2013

• A bartholins gland abcess and bartholins cyst are a little different. If you look at images you can see there are different variations of it each one. Mine never got a head on it. It just swells to extreme sizes. It can get bad fast and won't always go back down on it's own. They won't cut and drain it till it becomes very fluid filled.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 2:22 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Yes my baby is 3 months old.. I just had mirena put in 3 weeks ago
    fltown89

Comment by fltown89 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on May. 30, 2013

• It sounds like an STD. A cyst isn't going to make your asshole itch.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:48 PM on May. 30, 2013