Which foods give you heartburn?

For me, it's usually tomato based foods like chili or spaghetti sauce... Spicy sausages, or stuff with lots of citrus.
I had scrambled eggs with toast for breakfast this morning, and it gave me the worst heartburn with burps of fire... that has never happened before!
What kind of foods give you heartburn, and what is the best way to alleviate it?

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 3:10 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Pineapple, rum, radishes, green peppers, if I would have them all together, I might die, LOL
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:44 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Raw pineapple.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:39 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Since I got pregnant with my son 10 years ago, ALL of it. With both of my pregnancies I have to take a prescription medication to control the fire in my chest.

Over the past couple of years I've stopped taking it, and am about to switch to Prevacid or some other OTC. What I'm finding now is that if I don't eat regularly, then the heartburn is 10 times worse. Tums sometimes helps, but not always.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:36 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I agree about getting checked for gallstones. Five weeks after I gave birth to my daughter, the pain from my first gallbladder attack literally dropped me to the floor. I told the emergency room doctor that labor pains were nothing compared to what my gallbladder had put me through. I got it out a few weeks later. I still get heartburn from greasy foods, grapefruit or orange juice, lemon tea, and especially raw onions.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:14 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Peanut butter and chocolate...especially when combined. Milk usually helps me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:12 PM on May. 30, 2013

• tomatoes,citrus,chocolate
    I have GERD,I take Prilosec daily

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:13 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Chocolate. Anything fried. Sometimes tomato based stuff.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:16 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Was the pain under your breast and in the middle of you back? if so, you need to be checked for gall stones.. I was 17 and 96lbs when I had my gall bladder removed.. I had gone thu natural child birth, that was easy compare to the pain caused from gall stones..
    As for food that doesn't like me.. Green & the Purple Bell Peppers. Can eat the yellows n reds but not the green..
    misymac

Answer by misymac at 3:17 PM on May. 30, 2013

• No.. I feel it going up and down my esophagus... but thanks. :)
    anestheticsex

Comment by anestheticsex (original poster) at 3:20 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Hot, spicy food.

Answer by louise2 at 3:20 PM on May. 30, 2013