Job?

I was wondering if anyone on here or know someone that is a flight attendant?

tigger3itch

Asked by tigger3itch at 3:16 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Travel

• I know someone that was a flight attendant years ago. She said she really liked the job as she got the chance to meet lots of cool people and go to lots of neat places that she might not otherwise have been able to. But it was hard on her husband and kids as she wasn't home much. Also she said that with all the security and with 9/11, she doesn't think she would want to be one now.

When I was in high school, that was 1 of the careers I thought about but then found out they don't make much money.
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 8:07 PM on May. 30, 2013

• My ex was a flight attendant for American until recently. He made 60k/year easy and had only been there 8 years, he could have worked overtime and made more. But he was able to get a "hardship transfer" to our hometown (Raleigh nc) when my son was diagnosed with autism and the only route out of Raleigh is a hugely desirable international flight that usually only very senior attendants get.
    The first year he was there the pay was really low, but it goes up fast the longer you stick with it.

Answer by missanc at 8:27 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Just FYI - my ex did 5 trips a month, each lasting approx 48 hours so he was only gone 10 days/month. He spent more of our kids waking hours with them than he would have if he had worked an 8-5, 40 hr/week job.

Answer by missanc at 8:30 PM on May. 30, 2013

• MY EX SIL
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:35 PM on Jul. 15, 2013