Continuing my line of questioning with the useless and inane, have you ever used natural spider repellents?

I read that spiders don't like lavender, citrus and chestnuts. I really need to know this because I live in BF Egypt (rural, that is) and suffer from spider bites all summer long.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 8:10 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Health

• I didn't know that; it's good info. I could use citrus, but for some reason the smell of lavender usually triggers migraine for me. I' rather have the spider bites, I think.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:14 PM on May. 30, 2013

• No, I prefer to hire a bug spray man.... LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:16 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I don't deal with many spiders here.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:44 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I got excited for a minute because Egypt is the name of a town here in PA, and I was going to drive over and meet tasches.
    Then I realized what BF meant...

I've never heard that. I killed a spider tonight as it was crawling towards me on the couch.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:08 PM on May. 30, 2013

• No we buy the glue traps because how would you douse the house in essential oils? With spiders, you have to kill off their food source because they don't "lick" their legs like other critters...so therefore don't ingest poison. If you kill their food source they go away in theory. Trust me, the Orkin guy and I have had many a long chat...Glue traps my friend...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:11 AM on May. 31, 2013

• We spray twice a year.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 2, 2013