Pregnancy problems need advice

Okay so a little background info I am a high risk pregnancy and have gestational diabetes. I'm 36 weeks 3 days. Last night I thought my water broke and went to the birthing unit where they told me I just urinated yet I soaked 3 pads and have been having off and on contractions since (nothing regular or consistent). After having an appointment with my Mfm today fluid is low average he says at 7.24cm. Tonight I'm having severe consistent pain in my right groin muscle and radiating to the vaginal area. Now this is my 2nd baby and I never had this type of pain & I know all pregnancys are different but is this normal? Or am I experiencing mild contractions? With my 1st baby I had to get induced at 38 weeks due to low fluid so I missed out on hat early contractions feel like. With the first it's all a blur. Also I should add that at doctors today they told me I'm 1cm dialated & 30% effaced. Help?!this is my second child and I feel as clueless as the 1st time around.

amyt1988

Asked by amyt1988 at 9:09 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• You may not go to forty weeks, but just have your doc keep a close eye on you. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:12 PM on May. 30, 2013

• If you are that worried I would go to the E.R to ease your mind
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:25 PM on May. 30, 2013

• It's not that I'm worried. The contractions aren't in any type of regular pattern (I.e. 5-7 min apart). Just curious if others have had the same or similar issues.
    amyt1988

Comment by amyt1988 (original poster) at 10:33 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I just really don't know as I had very little pain with mine. They honestly felt like strong gas pains.
    I will tell you a secret. The nurses really don't mind if you keep coming in. If you are concerned that you are in labor, then go in. I went 5 times before my son was born and I was embarrassed at being so foolish. But the truth is they are happier with you coming in several times than if you wait and have a complication.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:00 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Just listen to the doctors.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:23 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Your contractions don't necessarily have to have a pattern for pre-term labor. I'd head for the hospital. Between the low fluid and the pains, baby could be in distress. The pain warrants another check be done to make sure baby is ok.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:39 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Oh and just want to add Listen to the doctors yes, but make sure the doctors LISTEN to you. It is your body and you are having pain. Whether they feels it's "normal" is irrelevant.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:42 AM on May. 31, 2013