Juicing...

I just bought a juicer and just wondering about anyone that does juicing.

libramoon007

Asked by libramoon007 at 9:15 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• takes a lot fo fruit and veggies to make the juice. We bought a good one years ago and after making juice a few times -we gave it away
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:34 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I just made grape juice and it was awesome. I loved it. Why did you give it away?
    libramoon007

Comment by libramoon007 (original poster) at 9:58 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I need a new one which one did you buy? I cant make up my mind...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:01 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I love juicing my fave is
    handful of spinach
    2 carrots
    3 apples
    1/4 lemon
    1/2 an orange
    I always core the apples and take seeds out of the lemons, this recipe gives you about 3 cups of juice.
    Oh a thing to remember drink it right away cause it's looses it's nutrients as the air touches it.
    pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 10:01 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I did a bit of it for my ex husband when his illness caused him t have a hard time chewing and swallowing foods. Fruits and sweet veggies like carrots made good juice. Cucumbers, not so much. But the thing I found frustrating was that it took a lot of produce to make a small amount of juice, and I wondered what I was wasting with all the pulp that was left. Maybe I just didn't know enough about it all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:14 PM on May. 30, 2013

• We gave it away because I wasn't gonna buy the amount of fruit and veggies it took to make enough juice for the 4 of us on any kind of regular basis
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:27 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I don't bother with juicing. I make my husband green smoothies with a Vitamix. It uses all of the fruits and vegetables so there is no waste and he gets more fiber and vitamins.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:53 PM on May. 30, 2013

• I absolutely ADORE fresh carrot juice!

Apart from that we use it when we produce too much fruit to eat - so we do grape juice, tomato juice, carrot juice, pomegranate juice, pear juice ...

My favourite cocktail is pineapple, lime and ginger. Take one of each and only a smallpiece of root ginger - a little goes a LONG way.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 1:52 AM on May. 31, 2013

• I know it takes a lot but I think I can make fiber muffins with the pulp. I have to look it up. My mother mentioned something like that to me. I bought the jack la lane but they were out of the one I really wanted. I read it was a good starter juicer. If I do it for a long time I will invest in another one. I do like it. Made fresh grape juice. I think I will be juicing every day at least once or twice.
    libramoon007

Comment by libramoon007 (original poster) at 7:05 AM on May. 31, 2013