Anybody else have a SO that leaves for work and comes back?

My sweetheart leaves Monday through Friday every week. I miss him but I cope and I just was wondering if other people have this.

lullaby572

Asked by lullaby572 at 11:30 PM on May. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• hugsMy SO lives an hr away and we only get the weekends together. I feel your pain.

tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 11:34 PM on May. 30, 2013

• soon-hubby will be in Utah and I will be in New Mexico. for a year. we will try to work out a few trips
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:37 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Mines gone a good portion of the year.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:41 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Husband is in the Army, so yes he is gone a LOT (3mo so far this time, 6 to go)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:46 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Me too., weekends only. I love you guys!!
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 11:56 PM on May. 30, 2013

• Lots of people do. Just make the time you are together special!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:58 PM on May. 30, 2013

• No, Our separations have been few and far between thankfully. One was for four months but most were for 4 days or less.
    On the other hand there were times when he was literally at work for 36 hours came home for 4 and went back again. He is on 24 hour call and the do call. Sometimes he has to leave at 2 in the morning because of a call that can't be resolved.
    I missed him every time. Frankly I miss him when he is gone 9 hours and have talked to him through th day lol.
    Sappy, I know.

I hope it gets better.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:59 PM on May. 30, 2013

• It would be hard for me to deal with that. I need adult company in the evenings. But you do what you have to do, I guess.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:00 AM on May. 31, 2013

• No, but my ex was a flight attendant so he was gone for 2-3 days at a time. And my stepdad did it for 3 years when my brothers were still in high school so they didn't have to move - 5 hour commute on Fri night and Sun night.

Answer by missanc at 7:44 PM on May. 31, 2013

• But anything for our hubbies right :)
    lullaby572

Comment by lullaby572 (original poster) at 10:52 PM on May. 31, 2013