You know how they say you need to eat at least 1200 calories a say to get all the nutrients you need?

Is that supposed to be 1200 calories total, regardless of yippee activity level? Or if you burn 500 calories exercising, do you then have to eat 1700 calories to me your nutritional needs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 31, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• If you're active, yes you need more calories. But it all depends on your BMI.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 12:55 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Holy typos, Batman!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 AM on May. 31, 2013

• If you are more active you need more calories but it is not one for one. I would ask your doctor or nutritionist.
    My soon to be SIL is a tall and broad shouldered man who likes to run marathons and those tough mudder things.
    I think he told me that he increases his intake by about 200 calories for those kind of things but I could be wrong.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:04 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Depends if you are trying to lose weight or just hold steady.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:29 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Hey Dard, is it your SIL or your BIL? LOL
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:33 AM on May. 31, 2013

• 1200 is too low for almost everyone. Yes you eat back what you burn on top of that

I eat about 1750 average a day right now and I'm still losing. Have lost 59 lbs so far.
    I work out 5-6 days a week. I'm not supposed to eat less than about 1600 at my current weight and activity level
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:06 AM on May. 31, 2013

• It actually depends on your BMI I would look at this site for help on eating right and excersise. Myfitnesspal.com.
    good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 2:43 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Your BMR is the best way to know the minimum number of calories you're supposed to eat. 1200 is too low for most people.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:52 PM on May. 31, 2013

• I think Dard meant son-in-law.

As for the calories... it really depends on how physical a person is. It's best to talk to a nutritionist or doctor to determine what is needed.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 3, 2013