If your child confessed to...

Murdering or raping someone would you turn them in?

Missing Mom of Triplets Found Dead 2 Years From the Day She Vanished

When Jacque Sue Waller, a Missouri mother of triplets, went missing two years ago, thedisappearance set off a massive search. Now, nearly two years to the day the mother of three young children vanished, she has been found. But not in the way anyone would have wanted. Her body was found in an undisclosed location.

Waller, 39, was last seen June 1, 2011, after meeting with her husband, Clay, as part of their divorce negotiations. As the busy mom of 7-year-old triplets, Waller had her hands full in many ways, but one of her major stresses appears to have been fear. She told friends and family that she feared for her life. Now, her once husband has been charged with her murder after he allegedly told his own father that he had murdered Waller and dumped her body in a hole.

His own father turned him in. Good for him! I would never protect my children if that hurt another person (excludes self-defense) 

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 10:32 AM on May. 31, 2013 in Parenting Debate

• I would have to turn them in. I'd hate it but love does not protect anyone from the consequences of their actions.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:39 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Okay, this is my story. I knew them both personally.

The fathers taped story is not admissible into the court hearing.

We will be awaiting the trial, but yeah, the evidence is here and he is going down! It's personal to me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:31 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Yes, but I wouldn't have waited 2 years.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:38 AM on May. 31, 2013

• I would have the police come and talk to him/her about turning themselves in and walk them to the police car myself or walk with them to the door as the case may be.
    I hope never to have to do something like that.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:37 AM on May. 31, 2013

• Yes I would. Good for the dad, that had to be difficult.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:38 AM on May. 31, 2013

• As horrible as it would be, yes I would have to do the right thing. It would hopefully be safer that way, instead of having them get in a possibly deadly confrontation w/ law enforcement later. Those poor kids. Losing their mother at the hands of their father. I can't even fathom it. :(....

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:42 AM on May. 31, 2013

• And I want to clarify... this IS NOT how they found the body. His father died a year and a half ago. There is so much more to this story than this. Please do not get the story wrong. I've posted about this yesterday. We have waited two years for this day. It's both joyful and sorrowful for all.

The father's statement was video taped, but will NOT be alllowed in the trial.   

How and why the body was found is not available to the public at this time.  

Also, FYI, the father could not be trusted anymore than Clay.  

Thanks...

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:25 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Hearing this news from the mouth of my own child would instantly kill me.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:27 AM on May. 31, 2013

• M-avi, my heart goes out to you. That's terrible that the taped story won't be allowed as evidence.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:57 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Something that horrible, yes, would. Something minor, like shoplifting, I would try to make them turn themselves in, but for something this big, I wouldn't even try to convince them. I'd just call the cops and tell them myself.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:47 AM on May. 31, 2013