I had a lots of medical bills from my son, and I just got separate and almost divorce and low income.

Hello everyone,
I am 43 year old mom who had son on dialysis. He is 21.WE do dialysis at home, every night for 10 hours.
He is on medicare and under my insurance in my work. I still have to pay for dr visit, medical, labs, and hospital.
I am so overwhelm and I am in low income. I don't know what to do.
I apply for food stamp and they just give $39.00 /mo. We are not citizen yet, just Resident with green card.
I don't want my son die or without treatment.
Please help me what to do.
Thankyou.

Annie

Anniesweet

Asked by Anniesweet at 1:58 PM on May. 31, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Medicare or medicade?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:01 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Call your county government. Someone there will direct you to the appropriate resources when you explain your situation.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:05 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Get a job. Or go back to your home country. They should be able to help you better.

Answer by louise2 at 2:09 PM on May. 31, 2013

• I am sorry but I personally do not think non citizens should be getting benefits.
    Your husband should be helping to pay the medical bills and if you have insurance on him from your work as well as Medicaid, your insurance should be paying a good portion of the dr.s visits or whatever.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:13 PM on May. 31, 2013

• I agree with dard. I am legal citizen and I cant even get any benefits as a struggling working parent. Its BS illegal get benefits while legal residents struggle pay check to pay check and cant get benefits.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:31 PM on May. 31, 2013

• she's not illegal
    she's a resident with a green card

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:45 PM on May. 31, 2013

• She is not illegal.

Apparently, disdain isn't limited to illegal immigrants. It's for ALL immigrants.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:03 PM on May. 31, 2013

• She has a green card and that makes her legal, but not a citizen.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:06 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Is he on a transplant list? My Dad was on Dialysis for many years & it is a horrible way to live. He went 3 times a week so your Son must be very sick to have to do it every day for 10 hours. I feel so very bad for you & your Son. I would go to Social Services in your County & see if they can help you more.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:16 PM on May. 31, 2013

• We have clients who are illegal in the country and on dialysis. Medicaid covers all their expenses. Their doctors submit requests every 6 months.

Check with your son's doctor to see what financial assistance in available in your area.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 3:23 PM on May. 31, 2013