Summer b-day for a 4 yr old

What kind of party would you do? My DS is turning 4 in July his 1st, 2nd and 3rd party was always at a park and we did a BBQ. I want to do something different this year but nothing to expensive. My DD's b-day is in the winter time so we always go to Pizza places that have games and rides but i want to try and so different things.
What do you think I should do? I am at a lost. I thought about going to a pool but we're not allowed to bring food in besides lite snacks  I thought about renting a bounce house too but my DS has strange moments. One minute he will be happy to go int one the next it freaks him out. So I don't want to pay money for one only to have him not want to use it that day. I want something inexpensive but fun and something he will enjoy. 

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 2:09 PM on May. 31, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter went to a summer birthday party for her cousin last year that was an at-home water party. I thought it sounded like a lot of work, but the mom said it was easy, a couple of sprinklers and wading pools, some water pistols and spray bottles, and one of those slippery plastic things for kids to run and slide on. She did water tug-of-war and some other wet and wild games. She did watermelon and cupcakes, and the kids had a blast.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:25 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Bowling alley Party or Build a Bear Party. My Son went to one when he was 4 & LOVED it! They have cool boy bears. It's not that expensive, I think Party bears start at $10 per kid with a minimum of 6 kids for a Party. He got to make a really nice bear & it came with the clothes & big box to put it in & color!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on May. 31, 2013

• One year I took my daughter and her friends to a movie (matinee), then to an ice cream parlor that did the clown ice cream cones and I stuck a candle in her ice cream instead of cake.

Answer by missanc at 3:24 PM on May. 31, 2013

• I was wondering this too. The town I live in has nothing for kids bday parties except the movie theater. But they want $11 per kid/adult that goes. I can't afford that.

My house is about 20 miles from town too, so I don't know if people would want to drive to my house. Otherwise that water part sounds like a blast!
    AngZacc

Answer by AngZacc at 2:29 PM on May. 31, 2013

• How many kids? Are you wanting to do it away from your house or at home?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:38 PM on May. 31, 2013

• my dd's bday is in july, ds's in august. we usually do it at the splash pad at the park, or at my mil's house (they have a pool) this year dd's is going to be at our house , she's having a few friends over for horseback riding, we're doing a pony party...ds's is going to be at mil's...again
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:04 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Is there a splash park somewhere close? one of DS's favorite parties he has been to was one at his friend's home. They made marshmallow guns out of PVC pipe and fittings, the mother of the birthday boy set up obsticles that they could hide behind and they just ran around the back yard trying to shoot each other with marshmallows.

What about going to a movie and then getting cupcakes after?

Build a bear is also a great idea, but can get pricey.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:07 PM on May. 31, 2013

• that's like us, we live out in the boonies. it takes 10 minutes just to get to the end of my driveway
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:25 PM on May. 31, 2013

• just family. He doesn't have any school friends yet since he isn't in school. So maybe 4-5 kids including him (ages 2-7) and 5-6 adults.

I rather it be away from my home since it can't hold many people but I have to be realistic and not spend to much money either.
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 2:41 PM on May. 31, 2013

• No splash park any where near. Anything fun it over 30 minute drive. Movies is $10 a person so they is a no go either especially for DS he has sensitive years and can't stand the loudness of movie theaters.
    LostSoul88

Comment by LostSoul88 (original poster) at 3:23 PM on May. 31, 2013