what are the first sighns of chicken pox??

my lil girl came to me just now and said i have a itchy pimple on my tummy and it looks like a little tiny blister,is this chicken pox?if so how long till more bumps will appear?

sauna26

Asked by sauna26 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Did she have a mild cold and slight fever in the past day or two? Those are the first signs.

Answer by gemgem at 7:00 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• gemgem is right, and watch for other bumps.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• she has been sick off and on since x mas i have had her in the doc office so many times theese past few months its crazy,but she has had a little cough but no fever,if she does have them will the bumps come all at once or do they pop up over time?
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 7:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• If it is chicken pox, they are likely to spread as the bumps are being scratched. I would take her to the doctor to if you begin to see them spreading just to be sure what it is and that way the doctor can offer you advice.
    mommylovesthree

Answer by mommylovesthree at 7:08 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• thank you so much everyone,i am going to call her doc now lol i have her direct number now lol
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I would call the Doctor espcially if she was vaccinated for it! As I remember it though Ch. pox start in the warmer regions of the body tummy, under arms, back of the neck... try putting her in a warm bath and see if you can make more come up. Either way I would call your Doctor for there recommendations.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:35 PM on Feb. 18, 2009