doctor stretched my cervix

Im 39 weeks today and when my doctor did my exam today he said i was 1cm dialated. So he manually stretched my cervix. .He said this gives me a chance of going into labor tonight or tomorrow. . But not positively. Does anybody have any experience with this? did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, not me. Were your membranes stripped, too?   You don't want your body-baby to decide when they're ready?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• The reason my doctor did this is because ive been really sick and she said the baby is the right size to come out. they dont want me going past 40 weeks. and no they did not strip my membranes. .Just stretched my cervix. And that wont make him come out. it just gives him more room.
    Anonymous

• He can't come out until you're complete, anyway. (10 centimeters.)
    You are sick-- is something going on with your health? Are you having complications with your pregnancy?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:21 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I'm not sure but good luck! Hope it works out for you and i'm sending thoughts of labor your way :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 18, 2009