Doesn't everyone crave intimacy/companionship? adult content

I stopped at my parents' house today on my way home from work like I told my mom yesterday I was going to do. Anyway, she starts talking about this relative of hers who was married and whose husband just passed away. My mother is having a hard time knowing how to react in this situation because the couple were just friends and there wasn't any intimacy. My mother claims it was due to the wife "not being all there". I'm offended and confused at the same time. I don't really know what to think.

I'm not talking just sex. But intimacy. Like right now, I would just like my SO to be in the same room with me, maybe pull me in his arms for a hug and just be here. It's been a week since I've seen him.

Thoughts?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 7:21 PM on May. 31, 2013 in Relationships

• Maybe they were just that, companions. If he was sick then obviously there most likely was no sex but sex doesn't equal happiness. Especially when you are older. You just send your condolences. She lost her friend any way you look at it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:28 PM on May. 31, 2013

• No, not everyone craves it. Some people are perfectly happy alone.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:38 PM on May. 31, 2013

• why are you bothered by the dynamics of their relationship?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:33 PM on May. 31, 2013

• I'm not sure what it is, exactly, that offended you about it.

I think everyone probably does crave intimacy/companionship, but what exactly that means is different for everyone. For some, that might mean sex, while for others it means someone you can talk to about the more private, personal things. It might mean someone that you can tell exactly how to touch you in bed or it might mean someone you can feel comfortable hanging out with even if you haven't showered since yesterday. As long as the two people in the relationship are both content with how they each define it and are happy with the relationship, that's really all that matters, in my opinion.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:55 PM on May. 31, 2013

• How do you know what they did behind closed doors?

And why do you care? I really don't get what their sex, or lack of it, has to do with anything.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:53 PM on May. 31, 2013

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Personally, I crave intimacy!

But I have a cousin who refers to SEX as,"Oh no! Not that !" She's serious.

Don't get it and feel badly for the husband!

Mermaid65

Answer by Mermaid65 at 1:32 AM on Jun. 1, 2013

• I am happily single im a woman still crave tht other have sometimes...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 7:48 PM on May. 31, 2013

• No, everyone does not crave intimacy. Most couples have at some time or other had some sort of intimacy however.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:08 PM on May. 31, 2013

• Every relationship is different. I, personally, could live without it. LOL. I guess I'm like a cat.... don't bother me unless I want to be bothered.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:15 PM on May. 31, 2013